CFF KB - Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions Knowledge BaseCFF KB is all about 1 thing: The Sharing of Knowledge and the Power we gain from it.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied FileSystemObject
- Article ID:
- Date Created
Saturday, March 19, 2011
- Last Updated
Saturday, March 19, 2011
- This Article Has been Viewed
- Short Desc
Using FileSystemObject without the proper permissions will cause the following error.
When trying to use the FileSystemObject to edit or delete files, you may encounter the following error if the folder that the files exist on does not have the proper permissions set.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
- Recreate Issue
To recreate this issue.
If you do not have permissions set for: [IUSER_MACHINE_NAME] & [IWAM_MACHINE_NAME]
You will receive this error.
- Resolve Issue
To resolve this issue.
From the Server
Open Explorer and browse to the web folder that contains the folders that
You need to run the FileSystemObject on.
Right Click on the folder
Choose [Security] tab
Click on [Add]
Click on [Advanced]
Click [Find now]
Scroll the list and choose
[IUSER_MACHINE_NAME] & [IWAM_MACHINE_NAME]
Give them both [Modify] rights
Click [Apply] then [OK]
You should now be able to use the FileSystemObject on the folder.
For Windows XP Users running IIS6
Windows XP Folder Option does not have Security Tab«
View Error Pages instead of 500 Error«
Share With Friends (Updated 6-8-2010)
- 80040e14 There are fewer columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. 39
- The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. [0x80010108] 67
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e0c' - Command text was not set for the command object 118
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' Must declare the scalar variable 125
- asp.net cannot upload more than 25mb and will receive the error 404 - File or directory not found 122
- Coming Soon - Knowledge Exchange
- Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied FileSystemObject 23561
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57' String or binary data would be truncated. or The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data. 20238
- ADODB.Parameters error '800a0e7c' Parameter object is improperly defined 18328
- After Effects warning: Audio conforming failed for the following file .cfa. Perhaps due to disk space 16100
- The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing 15730